Moving to Ukraine
Compare International Movers
Request free international moving quotes!
Planning a move to Ukraine? You are probably going to need a company specialized in international moving before you decide what to pack. Intlmovers is one of the most convenient moving services to help you plan an international move and gather moving quotes. Intlmovers is an online quotation comparison service that is completely free, so you can compare moving quotes and get the best price!
Using Intlmovers is one of the easiest ways to find the right international mover to compare moving quotations. When you submit a moving request form from Ukraine, your moving information is immediately forwarded to up to six international moving companies who assist you with a quote or any questions you may have about how to pack for your move to Ukraine. They will make contact with you directly in order to arrange a customized quote for your Ukraine move.
No obligation, all quotations are free!
Requesting a number of quotes in a single request helps you prepare a moving budget and get an idea of the services available. You don’t have to call movers or fill out multiple international move quotations separately. You save money not only by comparing their quotes, but you can sample different services and related cost to your move. The best part about using this service is that you can use Intlmovers without any obligation whatsoever. You only accept quotes that you are completely satisfied will meet your moving requirements!
How www.intlmovers.com works
- Choose where you are moving to and from on the menu
- Select from the listed international movers
- Complete the simple online quotation request form
How to get quotes using Intlmovers
Comparing quotes for your international move to Ukraine is easy! You just need to:
- Select where you are moving from and to, and clicking on ‘Find moving companies!’
- Review the list of international moving companies and click on ‘Request quotation’
- Complete the short request form and receiving quotes directly for international moves to Ukraine.
Reasons to take advantage of the Intlmovers service
- The international moving companies have years of experience with moves to Ukraine.
- You can avoid the stress by letting the movers manage the logistics and moving tasks.
- Conveniently compare international moving services in the comfort of your home.
Moving to Ukraine
Ukraine is a beautiful country sitting above the black sea bordering Russia in the East and Poland in the North. The warmer waters from the Black Sea give the Southern part of Ukraine its warmer temperatures and fertile plains. The economy in Ukraine is largely agricultural and Industrial. Its land is mostly plateaus and plains with two small mountain ranges.
Kiev is the capital of Ukraine and is one of the most picturesque Eastern European cities to see. Its architecture is a mix of classic early European and Asian in that many of its early public buildings and churches resemble the round domes similar to structures seen in Russia or Asia. Kiev is considered a very Romantic city to visit it sits on the Dnieper River that spans across Ukraine and deposits into the Black Sea.
Ukrainian is the national language spoken in Ukraine and Russian is the second largest language spoken and the primary language in the East of Ukraine. English is taught in schools and is quite popular but it can be difficult to communicate with residents in smaller villages or towns. Most cities and towns are smaller compared to Western Europe and not very crowded.
The Ukrainian diet is not to different from Western Europe and mainly Pork, Beef, chicken and fish with fresh vegetables or pickled vegetables. Many of the dishes include gains and potatoes and are sometimes stewed and eaten with cabbage.
Ukraine has a long rugged history that is reflected in the culture of its people. Ukraine has endured hundreds of years of wars and famine to finally emerge into its newly independent status in 1990. The economic and political changes since the country’s independence have paved a slow road to economic stability.
Living in the Ukraine takes a bit of patience and getting use to. The attitudes and mentality of Ukrainians are slowly lifting from a recent tightly controlled post soviet error to a new democracy, and capitalism influenced by the West.
The challenge ahead for Ukraine is to successfully get both the Eastern part of Ukraine which still largely holds onto the Russian culture and language to join the Western half of Ukraine which supports one national government and culture.
As a result of the change and desire for economic growth, many global companies are looking to the Ukraine for opportunities to expand their European production and trade. Ukraine is merely beginning to see prosperity from trade in Western Europe and more to come.
Reasons to Live in Ukraine
- Property is a good value – The recent economic crises since 2009 have caused housing prices to fall as low as 20% to 50% making it a buyer’s market.
- Skiing is accessible – Carpathian Mountains offer several ski locations whether you ski or snowboard!
- Wine taste – Tour Yalta and experience the wines of Ukraine, this was also the popular holiday destination for the former tsars of Russia.
- Local culture and shopping – You can find a lot of good buys and hand embroidered textiles, fine art and antiques. Shopping in the Ukraine is open Monday through Fridays most shops are closed on weekends.
- Nightlife is great – There are an abundant amount of chic modern night clubs and bars in larger cities including Kiev which are popular destinations for Western Europeans.
Estimated Cost of Living in Ukraine
Living in the Ukraine is recently very affordable. The economic crisis since 2009 has caused a major crash in the housing market. It literally is a great opportunity for buyers and particularly for the high end properties or business offices. Foreigners are allowed to purchase property in Ukraine and you do not have to pay property tax.
If you purchase an apartment, you will not have to pay a capital gains tax. It’s also good to note that getting financed in the Ukraine is difficult and the interest rates are high. If you are able to get financed by a European bank you are better off. Look for a lawyer before purchasing property and use a 3 party translation company to translate your legal papers; you cannot unfortunately trust the seller or mediator.
Utilities are reasonable, water, garbage, Gas and electric for a 85 sq. m apartment is about $65 a month. Clothing is very expensive specially if you like major brands or designer labels. Food is reasonable and many major European brands are now available in Ukrainian markets. Salaries are lower in Ukraine here is an average idea on salaries and housing expenses.
Average monthly salary
- Administrative work – $300
- Section Manager – $630 – $800
- Purchasing Manager – $850
- Executive Manager – $900 – $1400
Average rental prices
- Cottage Town Houses in the suburbs of Kiev, security and close access to Lake 252 sq. meters $430 mo.
- Kiev city area Two bedroom apartment close to shopping and subway- $ 550.
- Sunny and large one bedroom apartment in the heart of Kiev $1150
Average house price
- One bedroom apartment for sale in downtown Kiev near the river, subway and shopping $89,000
- E. Kharkiv Luxury semi Victorian Style 6 bedroom House 500 sq. m with very large garden $300,000
- 3 bedroom Brick House on the coast of Sea of Azov 6500 sq m garden with orchard $40,000 or £36,242
Visas for Ukraine
American citizens may enter the Ukraine for up to 90 days without a visa. However almost everyone needs to apply for a visa before entering the Ukraine. Getting a longer term residence visa to the Ukraine is not very difficult. You need to first apply for entry in to the Ukraine from your local Ukrainian Embassy.
You may not apply after you arrive. Once your visa is approved from your local embassy, you will be allowed to enter the Ukraine and within three days you must re-apply for a residence visa. Take along a passport photo, valid ID, passport and proof of current address.
Experience of our international movers
Once you have requested quotes you can feel confident in the knowledge that the companies who respond to you are reputable international moving companies. They have many years of trusted and reliable service to the international moving industry. That way, you can feel sure that your goods are being well handled and managed throughout the moving process to your new location in Ukraine.
Obligation free quotes
Rest assured that all requests that are made via Intlmovers are absolutely obligation free. Whilst you may receive up to six quotes for your international move to Ukraine, it is completely up to you to take your time, review your options and make your own choice about your preferred moving company. If you do not feel satisfied with any offers you receive, you are under no obligation to select any at all.