International moving from or to Sweden
Compare International Movers
Get free moving quotes for your International moving from or to Sweden
Find an international moving company to immigrate to Sweden. You don’t have to search for international moving companies anymore. Intlmovers can help you contact up to 6 moving companies with only one request for your International moving from or to Sweden. The international moving companies come from all over the world and will organize your long or short distance move.
Avoid the stress for your move to Sweden
Without any stress and obligation, you can request up to 6 offers from professional moving companies. You only have to choose where you are moving to and from, select your preferred companies from the list you a are presented with and wait to receive your customized offers directly. After you have compared the moving quotes easily at home, simply contact the moving companies for further information.
How to use Intlmovers for International moving from or to Sweden
To quickly and easily compare international movers for International moving from or to Sweden:
- Select where you are to moving from and to, and click on ‘Find moving companies!’
- Complete the easy request form and receive quotes directly for your global relocation.
Why you should use Intlmovers.com for your international move to Sweden
- The movers have years of experience with moves to Sweden
- Avoid the stress and let the movers do the hard work
- They have contacts in Sweden which can make your move cheaper
Benefits of using Intlmovers.com
- Saves time and money!
- 100% obligation free
- Receive customized quotes directly
- Compare easily in just a few simple steps
Moving from Sweden
Are you looking for international movers from Sweden? With the help of Intlmovers.com you can request quotes for international moving companies in Sweden. The international movers from Sweden can help you with your move to Europe, the United States or any other country worldwide.
Using international moving companies from Sweden via Intlmovers.com has some important benefits:
- The movers know the international import and export rules
- They have contacts to make your move a lot easier and cheaper
- The movers know how to deal with any cultural differences when you are moving to or from Sweden
Immigration to Sweden
Citizens of many countries do not need a visa to go to Sweden. However, this is only valid for a stay of a maximum of 3 month. If you don’t have a visa to enter Sweden, you should apply for it at the Swedish embassy in your country. What you can obtain is a permit for 90 days per application.
The following visa types are offered:
- Visitors visa (to visit friends or relatives)
- Business visa (for a business trip)
- Tourist visa
- Student visa (to study in Sweden or for exchange students)
- Employment visa (to take up work)
- Permanent residence visa (with Swedish spouse)
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Passport (valid at least 3 months after the last day of your stay)
- 2 Passport-type photographs
- Completed Cover Page and Credit Card Authorization forms
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Original letter of employment offer or 3 recent pay slips
- Proof establishing the purpose of your trip
- Proof of health/travel/accident insurance
Working permit in Sweden EU/EAA
EU/AA members do not need a working permit any more. If you want to work and stay longer than 3 months, you have to register with the Migration Board. If you are only working in Sweden, but living in a different EU country to which you return to on a regular basis, you do not need to register.
Swiss citizens have the rights to work and live in Sweden for at least three months. But if you want to stay longer, you are required to apply for a residence permit at the Migration Board
Former non-EU students who finished their studies in Sweden can also apply for a work and residence permit. Furthermore, Non-EU members with a long stay residence permit of any other EU-country can visit Sweden without the need of a visa
Non-EU/EAA/Swiss members have to apply for a working permit as well as for a residence permit.
In general each working permit is raised for 5 years or the duration of your working contract (if it is less than 5 years). If you are going to change your workplace within the first 2 years, then you have to apply for a working permit again. If your skills are needed, then it is will be easier to obtain a Swedish working permit.
Requirements for the working permit:
- Valid passport
- Able to earn your own living costs by the job you are offered
- Your wage has to be at least SEK 13,000 per month.
Requirements from the employee:
- Advertise the post in Sweden and the EU (for the new recruitment)
- Offer terms of employment that are equal to those of the Swedish collective agreement
- Let the relevant union organizations express an opinion on the terms of employment in the job offer
Further a registration at the tax office is required to be allowed to work in Sweden. There you will also get a persons number. This number is imporatant for you and your new life in Sweden.
Living costs in Sweden
Depending on the area you are going to start a new life, the living costs can vary significantly. The costs in the bigger cities are higher than in the country side, just like in almost every country. However, in general, salaries are also higher than in the most other countries.
The following list will show you the average cost of some goods in Sweden (therefor 1 Euro = 9,05 SEK):
- 1 liter of milk (not UHT-treated) – SEK 8
- Bananas – SEK 14-18 per kilo
- Movie ticket – SEK 80-100
- 1 liter of gasoline – SEK 12 +
- Monthly commuting costs on subways, buses and trains – SEK 690-1,100
Popular moves to Sweden
Experiences of our relocation companies
Thanks to a great network of international moving companies on Intlmovers, you can be sure to find the right one for your move to or from Sweden. Due to years of trusted experience, your preferred moving or shipping company will be transporting your goods reliably so that you don’t have to worry about your move to or from Sweden.
100% free of charge
On Intlmovers you can experience a convenient service, which is free of charge and easy to use. With one quick request, you will initiate up to 6 quotes from different international moving companies in your region. After you have compared their relevant prices and offers, you can discuss further details with the moving company itself.