Moving to France
Compare International Movers
Moving to France
You want to emigrate, but you are still looking for a professional moving company. Intlmovers can help you with your search. Intlmovers offers you the opportunity to compare moving companies from all over the world which will help you organize your overseas move.
Avoid the stress for your move to France
Intlmovers guarantees you a stress free search. With just one request, you will receive up to 6 quotes from reliable moving companies for a move or shipment to France. You will receive offers personally from each company, so that you can compare the moving quotes comfortably at home.
How intlmovers.com works
- Choose where you are moving to and from on the menu
- Select from the listed international movers
- Complete the simple online quotation request form
How to use Intlmovers for your move from or to France
- Select where you are to moving from and to (France), and click on ‘Find moving companies!’
- Review the list of international moving companies, and click on ‘Find moving companies’
- Complete the easy request form and receive quotes directly for international moves to France.
Why you should use Intlmovers for your international move to France
- The movers have years of experience with moves to France
- Avoid the stress and let the movers do the hard work
- They have contacts in France which can make your move cheaper
Immigration to France
For citizens of the European Union, you do not need a visa for living and working in France. There are a number of other countries that passport holders do not require a French visa.
- The Holy Sea
- San Marino
For citizens of other countries, a visa is needed for France. You have to determine which visa is the right one for you. There are three basic visa types to choose from:
- Student visa
- Long-stay visa
- Work permit visa
You should request a visa at least one month before your relocation, but ideally this should be arranged several months prior.
- A monthly salary of 1000 Euro per adult
- Passport (valid for 3 month after the last day of stay)
- 4 visa application forms signed and filled out
- A minimum of 5 recent passport size photographs
- Proof of resident status
- Proof of employment
- Financial guarantees such as:
- Letter from your bank showing that you will be supported
- Justification of retirement pension
Living and property in France
In France, often the landlord is directly involved in the brokerage. You have to consider that pre-contract is already tying, and in most cases it is highly recommended that you first consult a notary.
If you plan to move to Paris, you should be aware of high rental costs. Paris is generally considered to have one of the higher levels of rent than many other places.
Other important information
Different to most other countries, a tenant, who is in arrears with his rent, can not be evicted easily. In France, people who are in a financial distress are protected statutory. Thus the landlord will usually protect himself with a rent loss insurance. You can request it when you are able to prove that you are employed perpetual and not under notice.
Working permit in France
For citizens of the European Union a working permit or a residence permit is not necessary, although a Carte de Séjour for your visit can prove useful for dealing with the authorities.
For citizens outside the European Union, a carte de séjour is needed should they wish to stay longer than 3 months.
Driving in France is expensive
The increasing tolls on French highways is turning car driving in to an expensive issue. However, unlike many other countries, in France you do not have to pay a car tax. It is important to register your car at the local vehicle registration office.
For car registration, you will need the following documents:
- ID or passport
- Registration certificate
- Leasing or purchase contract
- Evidence of exemption from VAT
Radio License Fee
In France a radio license fee has to be paid. The good news is that you do not need to worry about the registration of your radio or TV, because the salesperson will register the devices for you.
Countries from which people moved to France
Specialists in international moving to France
Thanks to hard work and years of experience, the moving companies on Intlmovers know how your removal can best be manged. You don’t have to worry, you can be sure that your furniture and household goods will be reliably transported.
Quick and Easy quotes
Intlmovers offers you a comfortable service to get fast and easy quotes from several moving companies. With only one request you can contact up to 6 renowned companies to compare their quotes and cost-benefit ratio. Your personal offers will arrive shortly after you send the request. Relaxing at home and comparing offers is the best way to choose your moving company.