International moves from UK to USA
Compare International moves from UK to USA
Free quotes for your International moves from UK to USA
People make international moves from UK to USA every day. It should be a simple exercise but everyone knows that any kind of move is never as straight forward as it sounds. There are so many things to arrange – work, home, schools, you name it. By finding the right international moving company to help you with your move itself, you can free up some of your time and save some of your energy for other priorities.
International moves from UK to USA
Intlmovers offers you a very useful way of finding companies and requesting free quotes from international moving companies who specialize in moves from UK to the USA. They utilize special techniques and know how, as well as taking advantage of their extensive networks, to get you and your family relocated quicker and easier!
What does Intlmovers do?
If you would like to compare international moving quotes quickly and easily, Intlmovers can request up to six quotes automatically for you. We match your departure location in UK with your destination state in the USA, and present you with a list of profiled movers that are able to assist you. You can save time and money by requesting free international moving quotes with Intlmovers.
How to use Intlmovers
To quickly and easily compare international movers for global relocations:
- Select where you are to moving from and to, and click on ‘Find moving companies!’
- Complete the easy request form and receive quotes directly for your global relocation.
Great reasons to use Intlmovers
- The international movers have years of experience with moves to the USA.
- You can avoid the stress by letting the movers manage the hard work.
- Conveniently compare international moving services in the comfort of your home.
Moving from UK to the USA
Moving for work or moving or a change of pace can be an exciting adventure. The US is still one of the most popular places for Britons to migrate to. Mainly because it’s an easy move you don’t have to learn a new language. There are very few unfamiliar cultural differences to try and figure out. Many people find the lower cost of living and the moderate tax rate an attractive reason to move or retire. Whilst others choose a state with warmer summers and milder winters.
It’s true that properties are a bit larger and can have larger parcels of land depending on where you choose to live. Many States have very affordable housing but generally that is relative to the salaries and cost of living for that State. In the United States you have to pay 2 Taxes. Federal Income Tax which is standard for everyone and a State Income and Property Tax. All State tax as well as sales tax are different. Some States are beautiful choices and great values to live such as Oregon. Property is quite cheap and there is very low income tax and no sales tax.
Top reasons people move to the US from UK
- Less rain warmer weather!
- Housing prices are cheaper and larger than UK
- Career opportunities
- No language barrier
- Reuniting with loved-ones or family
About Visas in the US
If you plan on living in the United States for a longer than 3 months you need a residence visa. It is highly recommended that you apply for a residence visa before you move to the United States. The time it takes to process your visa can be very long. Permanent residence visas will also take a long time. It’s not unusual for processing times to take up to 4 years or longer. Generally a short term visa is granted for a limited time while your visa is processing. If you are moving to the US for employment your employer can sponsor your visa. You can remain in the US as long as you are employed by the same employer.
Cost of living in the USA compared to UK
There are mixed opinions about the cost of living being lower in the US than the United Kingdom. That’s mainly because it all depends on the lifestyle and location you choose to live. The US has a broad diverse housing market. The most expensive areas to live in are naturally New York and California. The housing and cost of living in these States are comparable or even higher to the cost of living in the UK. Outside of that you can find great properties for much less than what you would expect to pay in the UK. Gasoline has gone up the past few years but is still slightly cheaper than in the UK. Healthcare is generally paid for by your employer or private coverage. Groceries, consumer goods, utilities, sales tax are lower than the UK. Smaller towns offer a considerably lower cost of living and spacious properties. This is still an attractive option for entrepreneurs and retiree’s.
Popular things to do in the United States
- Visit fabulous Las Vegas- It’s not only an adult playground Las Vegas is a fun destination for the whole family offering plenty of entertainment for the whole family, roller coasters, water parks, and shows.
- Visit the Grand Canyon- The world largest Canyon and National park
- Experience some of the largest Entertainment Parks- Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott’s Berryfarm, Disneyland, Disney World Fl, and Bush-gardens are just a few
- Visit Yellowstone National Park- One of the most spectacular displays of nature created by volcanic activity. Boiling hot mineral water mud pools, bright pools of yellow, pink and turquoise water and volcanic geysers all surrounded by forest and meadows.
- Visit the Stars in Hollywood- See foot prints of Hollywood walk of fame near the Famous Manns Chinese Theater.
- Get your kicks on Route 66- Route 66 was the US first interstate highway allowing travel across the United States. The highway has changed today but it is still a great way for road warriors to go out and experience several States.
Obligation free quotes
Being able to compare a number of quotes at the same time is a great way to see your options and make a better informed choice for your international move from UK to the USA. Whilst you can receive up to six customized quotes for your international move, all quotes supplied via the Intlmovers quote comparison service are supplied completely obligation free. Should you not wish to elect any of the companies who respond to you, it is completely your choice.