Moving to the UAE
Compare International Movers
Request free quotes for international moving!
Moving to the East is quite journey if you are coming from the west, but we can sort out all the details for your international move to United Arab Emirates (UAE). Intlmovers is a quotation service offering you multiple quotations from moving companies that move to or from United Arab Emirates. Our service is fast, easy, and best of all free!
Comparing international moving quotes
Use the easy drop down window from below and select the destination of your move. You will be automatically presented with a listing of up to six international movers who are specialists in international moves to United Arab Emirates. After you give us the basic information about the size and volume of your move, movers will contact you immediately with quotations for your international move to the United Arab Emirates.
Save time and money with Intlmovers
The international moving companies will respond to you directly with their quotes, so there is no sitting around wondering. If they have questions or need some clarification about your needs, they will contact you directly to find out exactly which services will suit you best for your move. You can save yourself time and energy, and avoid some of the stress that often comes with any type of move, by enlisting the help of professional international movers on Intlmovers.
How intlmovers.com works
- Choose where you are moving to and from on the menu
- Select from the listed international movers
- Complete the simple online quotation request form
How to get quotes using Intlmovers
To quickly and easily compare international moving companies for your move to the United Arab Emirates:
- Select where you are moving from and to, and click on ‘Find moving companies!’
- Review the list of international moving companies, and click on ‘Request quotation’
- Complete the easy request form and receive quotes directly for international moves to the United Arab Emirates.
Reasons to take advantage of the Intlmovers service
- The international movers have years of experience with moves to the United Arab Emirates.
- You can avoid the stress by letting the movers manage the hard work.
- Conveniently compare international moving services in the comfort of your home.
Things to know about living in the United Arab Emirates
- The United Arab Emirates is a Muslim country which means laws and practices are in accordance of Muslim religious practices and must be respected.
- Drinking alcohol is only allowed in establishments that hold an alcohol license. Intoxication is not permitted outside of these locations.
- The United Arab Emirates is a very conservative country, dress codes must be respected.
- Photography is not always openly permitted, you could get fined.
Moving to United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is a newly developed group of 7 Arab countries that United in 1971 after the discovery of major oil fields around the Persian Gulf. Today the region has been transformed into growing modern economy with newly developed modern cites and large business centers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. These two cities are currently the richest cities in the world and the recent wealth and development taking place has created economic opportunities attracting skilled employment from all over the world. In fact 80% of all the residents living in the UAE are non citizens.
The United Arab Emirates opened its doors to the world with recently developed world class tourist attractions offering 5 star hotels and restaurants, hosting world sporting events such as the PGA tour and Grand Prix racing. You can expect to see elegant shopping malls filled with designer labels or just about anything you could imagine in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
The world’s largest man made ‘Palm Island’ was created off of the cost of the UAE in the Persian Gulf in 2006 as a real estate development project offering a unique homes fitted with private boat docks and magnificent views of the Gulf. These communities are planned so that schools and shopping and many other comforts are generally within walking distance so no un-necessary driving around is needed. This shinning new oasis is an attractive new experience for anyone looking for something new.
Cost of Living in the United Arab Emirates
The cost of living in the United Arab Emirates is high and considered number 50 out of 300 out the world’s most expensive places to live. The highest expense is mainly for housing. The recent expat migration to the United Arab Emirates has made the rental and housing market boom since 2008 causing prices to rise and less availability.
Food prices and gasoline are low to moderate but expect to pay more for communications services and healthcare. If you are going to live in UAE get a good understanding of your housing cost and expenses before you negotiate your salary and contract. There are a lot of hidden costs most people do not expect when they take a job offer. Knowing these costs can give you the edge on your career decision and make your international moving experience rewardable.
Apartment rentals in Dubai
- Average pricing- 1 bedroom apartment in high-rise bld. $2,994 per mo.
- Average pricing- 2 bedroom apartment downtown $32,600 per year.
Apartment rentals in Abu Dhabi
- Lower pricing- One Bedroom apartment 807 sq ft. $19,000 per year.
- Average Price- Two Bedroom apartment $32,600 per year.
Visa requirements for United Arab Emirates
If you are planning to visit or work in the United Arab Emirates you need to get a visa first. For travelers this can be done by your travel agent or hotel you are staying at in the UAE. After you book your accommodations the hotel will arrange your visa before you travel. There are separate visas for short term work with a maximum of 60 days. After that you need to re-apply for a work-resident visa for a longer term stay. Visa are restricted on a nationality basis meaning people coming from some countries may have an easier time on securing a visa whilst others are not permitted to enter the UAE.
Processing times are generally quick but check with the United Emirates Embassy for details. If you are going to the United Arab Emirates for work, employers can arrange your visa. It is good to keep in mind that you will get penalized and have to pay a fine for every day after the expiration of your visa so keep it up to date and do not arrive in the UAE without a visa.
Visa requirements for the UAE vary from nationality to nationality to find out more go to: emirates.com for further visa information.
Tips on Living in the United Arab Emirates
- The majority of the UAE is made of foreign labor; most of the UAE cities offer accommodations for internationals based on your nationality to help expats feel more comfortable in their new location. You might want to live in a neighborhood that has expats from your country it may help with the transition.
- If you are moving with a partner or family be sure to have a marriage license. Having children or living with a partner without a marriage license is not permitted even if you are an expat be sure to bring documentation with you.
- Women are not permitted to drive. Its not as bad as it sounds considering there are very little traffic rules and the roads are difficult to manage. It saves a lot of money not owning a car. Let the cab drivers take the risk.
- Get to know your neighborhood and shop where the locals shop it can save you a lot of money. Also used furniture shops are a great bargain. People move in and out of the UAE regularly and the shops often get great merchandise for 1/3 the price of new.
International schools in United Arab Emirates
There are a lot of good International schools in United Arab Emirates. If you are moving with children we advise you to apply them to an international school 9 to 6 months before your international move. There might be a waiting list.
|Name school||Located in||Accredited?|
|Emirates International School||Dubai||Yes|
|Dubai International Academy||Dubai||Yes|
|Greenfield Community School||Dubai|
|Raffles International School||Dubai|
|Ras Al Khaimah English Speaking School||Ras al Khaimah|
|Taleem – Information about international schools||Dubai|
Experience of our international movers
Experience counts for a lot, and can help you feel more confident that any kind of eventuality can be handled with ease. The moving companies that promote their services on Intlmovers have many years of trusted service and assistance moving families and businesses from all over the world to United Arab Emirates. You can relax knowing that your goods are being left in expert hands.
Obligation free quotes
Not only are the quotes that you receive via Intlmovers quick and easy to obtain, but all quotes are customised specifically for you for your move to UAE. However, should you feel that the replies that you receive don’t suit your needs; you are under no obligation to accept any of the quotes that you receive from the international movers. You can relax knowing that the submission you make is made completely cost and obligation free.