How Intlmovers.com works
How it works for your move to Austria
The international movers will contact you directly with quotes for your international move to Austria
- Select where you are moving from and to, and click on 'find moving companies'.
- Review the listed international movers, and click on 'request quotation'.
- Complete the simple online moving request form and click on 'Find moving companies'.
Why you should use Intlmovers.com for your international removal
back to top
- The movers have years of experience with removals to Austria
- Avoid the stress and let the movers do the hard work
- They have contacts in Austria which can make your
About moving to Austria
The republic of Austria (Österreich in German) is a German speaking country located in central Europe. Covering an area of nearly 84,000 square kilometres,
Austria is a mountainous country due to its proximity to the Alps. Austria has a population of around nearly 8.5 million people.
The capital and largest city is Vienna, with a population of just under 2 million people.
Austria consists of nine states as noted below (with their German name noted in brackets) and the capital city of each:
- Burgenland - Eisenstadt
- Carinthia (Kärnten) - Klagenfurt
- Lower Austria (Niederösterreich) - St. Pölten
- Upper Austria (Oberösterreich) - Linz
- Salzburg - Salzburg
- Styria (Steiermark) - Graz
- Tyrol (Tirol) - Innsbruck
- Vorarlberg - Bregenz
- Vienna (Wien) - Vienna (Wien)
Visa requirements for Austria
Austria is a member of the EU, which means that holders of an EU passport do not require a visa for arrival in Austria. The time of stay is not limited assuming that your passport is valid.
Further, Austria is a member of the Schengen Treaty. The Schengen area includes most of the EU countries as well as Switzerland.
Holders of valid passports from the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Israel and many of
the South American countries do not need to obtain a visa for visits to Austria for a period of up to 90 days.
If you are applying for an Austrian visa, you will need the following to be submitted in original AND duplicate:
- Completed application form
- Valid passport - with an expiry date 90 days beyond your expected time of stay
- Two passport photos
- Supporting evidence for your reason wishing to stay in Austria (touring, employment, etc
It is important to note that even if you do not require a visa, you are required to carry a valid ID with you at all times.
back to top
Austria is a popular destination for moves from:
Austria is a popular
destination for people from United Kingdom, Spain and Australia
Experience of our international relocation companies
International moves involve careful planning and consideration.
Sometimes it can feel completely overwhelming with all the things
that you have to organise and arrange. That is why it makes
perfect sense to entrust your move with professionals, who specialise
in international moves every day. The international moving companies
that list on Intlmovers have years of trusted experience, to
ensure that your move goes as smoothly as possible and all the
details are handled without issue.
back to top
Obligation free quotes
The great thing about using Intlmovers to help you with your international
move is that it is completely obligation free. You can submit
a request and obtain free quotes to easily compare and contrast
the different services on offer. However, you can rest easy
because if you are not completely satisfied with any of the
responses that you receive, you are under no obligation to accept
any of them.
Moving from Austria
For international moves from Austria you can also use our local international movers site (German).